Tuesday, April 19, 2011

life is just like a train.



I was in the train today, alone. Listening to the best Chinese hits songs in my playlist and I started daydreaming. The train stops at the next station, Pasar Seni. A few passengers went down and a few passengers came up. Everyday, we will meet different people at different stations, just like life.

Life is just like boarding a train. You can choose to board or alight the train anytime you want, even before you reach a destination. If you choose to board the train earlier, you might lose chances on meeting different people after that. In life, a lot of chances will be given to us but how many times we actually appreciate it ? We always ignore the first train to board just to hope for a better chance on the next train. But, we never thought that it will be totally different when we are boarding the wrong train.

Life is just like being in a train. Trains are like chances. We chose to board the train, we chose the particular chance and struggle for it. No matter what happens, we know, we need to struggle till we reach our destination. However, the chance often flies off when we have a temporary satisfaction in life. For instance, going through so many stations and platforms, we might be carried away by the fun in other platforms and neglected our own chance. In life, we often give up a chance for a chance that we thought will be better. But, till what extend that it will be always better ?


Chances often flies off when we do not appreciate it. Trains will always leave us if we are too late. Time waits for no one, so do trains. But, why can't we have our own trains ? Why can't we have our own destiny ? Why can't we have the choice to grab all the chances and opportunities around us ?

I realised, I had missed an opportunity, an opportunity to fall for you once. I had missed the train, the colourful painted train with a heart shape on. I regretted for all the mistakes I had done. All I ever wished that I am able to catch up with you by boarding the next train. But when I reach the destination we both are supposed to go, my heart shattered. I saw you holding hands with an unknown man, leaving the platform. I realised I should wake up earlier next time and pursue what I should pursue. "Follow your heart," as what most of the people said. Follow my heart to have the courage to face you and your heart.

This train, this colourful painted train with a heart shape on, it was not my chance. It was an opportunity to love but I was not fast enough to grab it. Finally, the door closes. All I can do is just to watch you leave further, slowly, step by step. I stood on the platform, thinking that, "will you wait for me at the end of the destination ?"

I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment