Thursday, April 28, 2011

because you know you're not in the run anymore.


Do you how tiring it is to run aimlessly on track
but not knowing what is it for ?

Do you know how tiring it is to run all over the world searching for
a particular heart that is meant for you ?

Answer is I don't know.

I had been running on the track aimlessly for two years, not knowing what I really need and want. I kept everything to myself but end up bursting everything. Patience isn't my thing at all, hence, I couldn't keep it cool all the time. It's like running on a track. You're waiting on the starting line, getting ready to run, waiting for the gun to kick start the race. But, you keep on waiting. Till the time the gun shot up, you had lost your patience, you lost the aim for the race, to win the race. You end up running but just to end the race.

These two years had been a run for me. A run that determines what I really want and need. Running for fame, running for dignity, running for friendships, running for love as well as running for everything. However, ending the run was not easy. Ending the run is to let go everything that I was running for just for a particular aim that is more important than the others. I chose love, I let go my fame, I let go my dignity, I let go my friendships, everything just for love. I knew it was the right choice to do so. How much she meant to me, till now, carved deeply, her name on my heart.

I chose to end my race by holding her hands. I never thought of anything else that can really ruin my whole future. All I thought was just her and her sweet trademark smile, till I started another run for myself. This run was different, it wasn't for fame, neither dignity nor friendships. It was just a run with myself, competing with myself to find the true self of myself and how much she meant to me in my life. I ran, trying to search for the truth in myself. I didn't end the race but failed terribly. I fell, tumbled on the track and never stand up again. I was injured, losing the abilities of all my limbs, helplessly.

You came, you told me, "everything is going to be alright, when you fall, stand up again" But I never listen, a fall is enough to break fame, a fall is enough to shatter my dignity and a fall is enough to take everything from me. A fall that took my life but you didn't return. You went with the fall, as if the fall was a wind to blow you away from me, a storm that kept you away from me or perhaps a river that kept us separated.

But, with my helpless weak limbs, I tried standing up again.

Can I ?


No comments:

Post a Comment